giwa series 2018
This exhibition shows the second pieces of the “giwa series” and this time, it is about today’s story.
While the previous pieces of the giwa series reinterpreted and regenerated the pieces of Korea’s traditional furniture used to be in Sarangbang (guest rooms) during the Joseon Dynasty into furniture for people in modern times to use in their daily lives, this exhibition combines the giwa motif with commonly used modern furniture such as tables, desks, chairs and sofas. The proportions of the arched frames, which is a reinterpreted image of “giwa (traditional Korean tiles)”, and modern furniture naturally create complete formativeness and structure which organically harmonizes with today’s living space and contemporarily interacts with its users.
1. giwa desk _walnut, stainless steel / 900 x 1930 x 730(h)
2. giwa chair 01 _walnut, stainless steel / 407 x 447 x 850(h)
3. giwa chair 02 _walnut, stainless steel / 400 x 400 x 815(h)
4. giwa table _walnut, stainless steel / 3400 x 900 x 750(h)
5. giwa floor stand _ walnut, stainless steel / 250 x 230 x 1500(h)
6. giwa low table _ walnut, stainless steel / 600 x 1200 x 320(h)
7. giwa lounge chair 01_ walnut, stainless steel / 650 x 650 x 570(h)
8. giwa lounge chair 02_ walnut, stainless steel / 580 x 625 x 570(h)
9. giwa lamp _ walnut, stainless steel / 170 x 202 x 400(h)